Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tonight....

I am thankful for a wonderful night out with my husband, and friends. We had dinner with Heidi and Glen. We were able to find a babysitter and enjoy a little quality time together. Just adults. That almost never happens for us, since we are so far away from family. But, it all worked out perfectly. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful evening. Hugh and I even got to do a little Christmas shopping for the kids before coming home. I can't wait to wrap everything and put it under the tree. And I can't wait to see their little faces light up when they open their presents.

Tomorrow officially begins the ADVENT SEASON! Yah! I'm so excited! I need to get my advent wreath out and get my scripture ready to read for each Sunday. I need to get my decorations and nativity out too. This is my favorite time of year. And I think this year my children will really be able to start to grasp what Christmas is all about. The true meaning of Christmas! I'll share as we go along through out the season. It's truly as much fun for me as it is for them if not more. What are you doing to prepare your heart and family for Advent and Christmas? I always enjoy hearing about family traditions, so please feel free to share! And Blessings to you as we begin this wonderful season!

2 comments:

♥Mimi♥ said...

So happy that you got some time out with the grown-ups☺ Yes, this is such a wonderful time of the year, isn't it? I'll be working on getting my home decorated and festive all next week.


Just stopping by with my Sunday wishes! I count meeting you in blogland as one of my newest and best blessings!

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much Mimi! You're so sweet! I have enjoyed visiting your blog as well! Can't wait to see what you have to share with us for the Christmas holidays! Blessings to you this beautiful Sunday morning!