Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hey Y'all! Let's get to celebrating!

Sorry It's been a while! We've been busy here in the Taylor household. We made an unexpected trip home the last week of October to meet with bankers and realtors, and to look at some houses. I can't believe we will be moving home in seven months. I'm excited and nervous. The house I've been "stalking" for over a year now has dropped off of the website we've been looking at. So, we're not sure yet if it has sold or if they just took it off of the market. I was crushed at first, but, if it's not in God's plan for us, then I trust He will lead us to something better. His best for us. Who knows how things are going to work out. I'm trying not to get too emotionally attached to anything. It's such an exciting time.


Hugh and I have known each other and been together now for fourteen years. We knew within our first year of dating that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, but we also wanted to finish school (college) before we got married. So, we dated five years and got married a year after we both graduated. We lived just a little over a year in Ridgeland before going to medical school. We lived in the same apartment complex in college. And our first home in Ridgeland was a very quaint little apartment. It was perfect for us. We have also rented while in medical school and here in Ohio while we have been in residency. So, this will be our "first home." I have to say that I think we have made the right move renting all along. I am so so glad we don't have the extra added stress of trying to unload a house up here right now, in this unstable economy. But, we have spent such a long time planning and dreaming. I can honestly say that sometimes I feel like it's never really going to actually happen. Like it is always going to be a dream we just talk about and dream about. And then again, it's kinda scary to think of it actually happening. I know that sounds strange, but, change is a little scary too. I've known this for so long and I'm comfortable with this, and I don't know what our lives are going to be like once this change comes, and I don't want "us" to change. The core of us. I don't want a little comfort to take our eyes off our focus, which is the Lord. So, all we can do is pray and keep Him close. And take it one day at a time, right?

Anyway, I feel like I'm missing out on sharing my favorite time of year. I love the fall season. The rich colors, the crisp cool air. The yummy smells coming from the kitchen or from candles burning. It makes me feel all warm and cozy inside and reminds me of all my many many blessings. I love Thanksgiving. I hate that it gets so overlooked. So, I'm going to celebrate Thanksgiving all this month. Here is where I'm going to start...


GOD BLESS THIS HOME IN WHICH WE LIVE;
GOD BLESS It's EVERY PART.
GOD GRANT IT PEACE AND SWEET CONTENT
GOD GRACE OUR EVERY HEART.
-Bert Whitehouse
More Fall fun to come! Love and Blessings!


6 comments:

Susan said...

So happy and excited for and with you Tiffany at this exciting time in your lives and a point you have worked so hard toward. God gives us the desires of our heart!!!!!
Susan

Leah said...

Tiffany -

So glad you signed up for the Giving Thanks challenge! It's great to have you along again! Praying that God would reveal to you how much He's blessed you with this month. Not just external, physical things, but with the things no one can take away! Bless you!

~ Leah

♥Mimi♥ said...

Yes, blessing our home, our refuge for family and friends from an often cold world is such a blessing. Being able to open our front door in friendship and love is a blessing. Thank you so much for those thoughts.

sharon brobst said...

Wow Tiffany! Change - often a little scary but always exciting!

So glad I stopped in today to see what you were up to! :-)

Pigtails & Pearls said...

Congratulations on your upcoming move....you have to be excited!

Anonymous said...

love, love, LOVE the sign, honey!!!!