Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone! I hope y'all are having a wonderful day with your families and friends today! I am so thankful to be home with my little family. Hugh is feeling much better after struggling the last couple days with a tummy bug. Anna Grace helped to make him feel better by putting a Barbie band aid on his tummy and giving it a kiss. Then both the babies said a prayer for their daddy that night. And the Lord answered their prayer. He woke up feeling much better last night. I started my cooking last night. I made home made cranberry sauce, and apple cider. We are having a couple of friends over for dinner at six o'clock. I'm cooking a small turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, crescent rolls, and a peach cobbler. We enjoyed an early breakfast of blue berry muffins,sausage, and fruit this morning. And we are enjoying the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade together right now. Trey and Anna Grace are so excited. They started screaming and jumping up and down when they saw Spider Man and all the Sesame Street characters. They keep asking if we can go there -to the parade. That would be a nice memory to share. Maybe someday we'll spend Thanksgiving in New York and see the parade live. I've always wanted to be at Rockefeller Center when they light the Christmas tree. And then spend that night ice skating. But, for today, we are spending a nice, laid back day together. I am thankful for our health, and for the chance to spend this day in freedom to worship and pray and share a special meal and time together. I am also thankful for all of you, my friends in bloggyland. I've enjoyed getting to know all of you, reading your blogs and your comments when you visit mine. Blessings to you and yours this special Thanksgiving Day!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you 4!!
Susan