Sunday, November 8, 2009

2009 GIVING THANKS CHALLENGE!

http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/2009/10/2009-giving-thanks-challenge.html


This is the 3rd annual Giving Thanks Challenge hosted by Leah at South Breeze Farm. Yes, I am arriving fashionably late to this lovely event, but I am none the less ready to celebrate this month is style. I look forward to this event every year. I enjoy reading every one's lists and finding new blogs to read and visit in the process. It's just a lot of fun. And it is so inspiring. It helps me keep my focus on the real reason for this season of the year. "Thankfulness."

Cultivating a grateful heart and attitude. Sharing your blessings and in the process blessing others. Taking the time to slow down and look at all that we have instead of all that we want. Enjoy life's little everyday pleasures. Feeding our contentment instead of our desires. That is what I'm going to spend this month doing. I hope you will join me. Click on the button above and it will take you to Leah's challenge, where you can sign up too. Then grab the button, and advertise the challenge on your blog in a post. You can keep an on going list on your side bar under the button of all the things you're "Thankful" for or you can post every day about it. Have fun with it. I even decided to make a new play list of music for the month to go along with the theme. Some of it is patriotic, because I am grateful to my servicemen and women that protect my country. I love my country and my freedom and I'm proud to be an American. I also wanted something "homey" that represented my Christian values. So, I added hymns, prayers and blessings, and songs like Love in a Home by Doris Day.

The first thing I want to give thanks for in my challenge is my friend Ashley. You may have noticed my new look. She was so kind to put together a header for my blog here, and one for my children's private blog. I know she is busy with her business, Ashley's Artistry, and her beautiful family and baby girl Evy. So, this was such an unexpected act of kindness. It really touched my heart. She just e-mailed me one day and said she really wanted to do this for me, and I was like wow! Thank you! And so, I Thank you again, my sweet sweet friend! It may not have seemed like much to you at the time, but it came at just the right time for me, and it really lifted my spirits, and touched my heart. Blessings to you!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

You're so welcome, Tiff! You're so sweet to even mention it. I'll give you a new look anytime :)

Susan said...

What a wonderful blessing about the new look.
Susan

♥Mimi♥ said...

Isn't it amazing the generosity of others and how easily they give it away☺ Your new blog look is just lovely. There is so much to see and to read. You truly are blessed...