Friday, January 30, 2009
1. My favorite song is "Clair de Lune" By Debussy. I could listen to it over and over. It sounds so dream like.
2. I love blogging. It's my favorite hobby. It has been such a great outlet for me and I consider it my on-line journal/scrapbook. ~Writings. A keepsake of thoughts and dreams, and treasured memories. Sometimes the writing just flows. Other times, it's just pictures and snippets of thoughts. And the bonus is that there is such a wonderful community of women here.
3. I love to read about plants, flowers, birds, gardening and landscaping. And I love fresh cut flowers. My mom used to leave a vase of fresh cut flowers on my nightstand from her rose garden. She had such a love of nature. It's a part of her that I've kinda taken on since her death. Someday when we get settled, I'd love to have a flower garden in honor of her memory. I think it will help me to still feel closely connected to her. Maybe even be a little therapeutic.
4. I love to give gifts. I enjoy trying to pick out the perfect gift for someone I love.
5.I'm very interested in child development and human behavior. I like to know what makes people tick. I often approach getting to know someone new like a puzzle. I study them, and slowly put the pieces together. Then I sit back and enjoy the beauty of what makes them the unique person they are. -Hugh sometimes teases me the my friends don't all go together. But, I enjoy surrounding myself with people who can teach me something, or challenge me to grow. But, I also enjoy other friendships that don't require anything of you at all. There's just an immediate connection, because you're so much alike and have so much in common. And I find a comfort in being with someone who just knows you, understands you -really gets you.
6. I am extremely idealistic. Forever the optimist! A hopeless romantic at times. Some have mistaken this for being flighty, or even unintelligent. -They are wrong.
7. I don't have cable. haven't had it in 7 years. It's a luxury we choose to do with out, financially. I do get 11 basic channels up here in Ohio even with out cable; abc, cbs, fox, you know.
8. I don't have patience for laziness. I don't like to work with people who don't pull their weight or take advantage of you. -Especially if they're educated. Give me someone who is a hard worker, and who has a desire to learn over someone who is lazy and knows better -any day.
9. I love the arts; creative, visual ,and performing. I'm drawn towards anything cultural and aesthetic. One of my favorite things to do is take my children to an outdoor concert.
10. I love to entertain. -Any excuse to throw a party! I even use my china when I have the girls over for dinner and Bible study. Why not? ~That's what it's there for. People feel special when you do a little something extra to make them feel comfortable and welcome in your home.
11. I'm a sucker for a good cup of coffee, or Tazzo Chai Tea.
12. I love babies. Their soft skin, and chubby little rolls. I love to hold them and nuzzle and smell their little heads. ~"Baby smell" is intoxicating.
13. I love nostalgia. I treasure the memories I've made with my family and friends. I love to look back on old pictures and laugh about old memories and all our old times together. I love traditions that are carried on from year to year, or generation to generation that keeps those memories alive.
14. I love Mississippi, especially the Mississippi Delta. I never knew how much until I left it. Don't get me wrong, the Lord has blessed me in different ways, each place we have had the opportunity to live. But, I yearn for home. I long for cotton fields and dusty roads, the music and food at some little po-dunk hole in the wall -you only know about if you live there. Love it, Love it all.
15. I'm not a fan of sarcasm or cruel jokes at others' expense. If you have to revert to tactics like that , it only shows how weak minded and insecure you really are. I'm a strong believer in respect. I think you can say anything -anything as long as it's done tactfully. There is a difference in criticism, and constructive criticism. Galatians 6:1 Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently.
Ephesians 4:2-3 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.
1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
16. I Love me some Jesus! -Love every thing about Him. Can't get enough of Him. -And I'm not ashamed to say it. My faith and walk with the Lord is my top priority. ~I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was 6 or 7 years old. It was in Bethel Assembly of God church in Lafayette, Louisiana. I've always felt a closeness and protection from the Lord, even in the most difficult times in my life or the times I didn't follow His lead as I should. I've made mistakes and done things I'm not proud of. (Haven't we all?) But, I'm glad the Lord sees our heart and shows us mercy and grace through His forgiveness. I'm grateful that He is more forgiving than we are of each other. And I'm thankful that He draws us continually back to Himself.
17. I can't stand to be around constant negativity. It's so draining.
18. I love things that are old fashioned and classic. I love old black and white or technicolor movies, old music (classical/opera~big band or jazz, and all the old love songs,) architecture, antiques, pictures and clothing styles. Anything rich in history, creates a mood or that tells a story.
19. Over the years, I've enjoyed learning a little more about my heritage and where my family originated from. I am part Spanish and Native American~ from the Hopi tribe in the southwest. I'm glad I had the opportunity to visit the reservation with my mom and great-aunt a several years ago. I was a very special memory for us.
20. I loved teaching and I miss it sometimes. (But, I wouldn't give up this time at home with my children for anything.) I've learned that I'm much better with the little ones. I loved teaching k-5th grade gifted education in Kansas City, but I think my favorite was teaching pre-school here in Ohio. The Lord knew what He was doing when He led me down these different paths, because it has equipped me to be the best teacher I can be for my own children, right here at home.
21. I have taken on a Montessori approach to teaching my children here at home. Yes, they are still quite young, but I love to involve them in everything. And they are such great little helpers. I let them use a step stool to help rinse dishes, or stir while I'm cooking. They help set, clear and wipe off the table. The bottom shelf of our china cabinet has all their dishes and cups, so they can easily reach them for them selves. They help me empty the dish washer. They can shuck corn and hull peas. They help water the flowers and fill the bird feeder. And they like to sort socks, dish towels and wash cloths when I'm folding the clothes.
22. We also do a lot of child oriented things together, as well. We sing and dance together, do lots of messy crafts, read or snuggle and watch movies (mostly Sesame Street, Miss Spider and the Sunny Patch, Charlie Brown, Geo-Tracks, or Planet Heroes.) They love our play group and going on field trips. They love to get dirty playing with side walk chalk and then take bubble baths. They love to explore and pretend. And they love to go to church (as Trey says,..."to visit Jesus and God.) Trey is just my pride and joy. And Anna Grace is my little love bug. She has been such a quiet healing for me. She helps me understand just how much my momma loved me.
23. Being a mother is the hardest job in the world, but also the most rewarding. Nothing has ever made me feel more inadequate, and nothing has given me greater joy. God knows how much I wrestle with wanting with all my heart to be a good wife and a good mother. Besides giving me the gift of His salvation, I feel like He has fulfilled all the desires of my heart through Hugh and my children. I have everything I could ever want in this life. -The rest is just bonus.
24. I love to read. I love to learn new things.
25. I am fiercely protective of my family and loved ones.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Heddy Lamar ~ My favorite movie that she was in was Cecil B. DeMille's 1949 classic Samson and Delilah.
Vivien Leigh ~ My favorite movies that she starred in were Gone With The Wind, and A Streetcar Named Desire. It still amazes me how much she and Heddy Lamar look alike.
Elizabeth Taylor ~ I loved her as Amy in the 1949 version of Little Women, and as Angela in A Place in the Sun.
Ava Gardner ~ She was stunning as Julie in Show Boat, but my all time favorite was her role as Maria in The Barefoot Contessa.
Natalie Wood~ This is a hard one. I loved her in Westside Story, Gypsy, and as Deanie in Splendor in the Grass.
Selma Hayek ~ I loved her in the romantic comedy Fools Rush In.
Kate Beckinsale ~ She actually played Ava Gardner in The Aviator opposite Leo Di Caprio. But, my favorite movie she played in was Pearl Harbor.
Catherine Zeta Jones ~ I liked her in Ocean's Twelve, Traffic, Chicago and as Catherine II in Catherine The Great.
I'd love for this to be a tag and for anyone who reads this to do one for their page. This is not based on acting ability. I could do a whole separate post on favorites in that category. Please play along and make it fun. ~Blessings!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
We've had the best morning. We got up and had breakfast. Then we got dressed and watched Super Y. (My little ones love Word World, Super Y, and Sesame Street.) Then we had music time together. Trey and Anna Grace took turns playing the key board, our wooden flute, tambourine, bells and egg shakers. It was so cute. Baby girl started dancing as her brother played the keyboard, which led us to putting on some music to dance. Anna Grace was dancing with a spider man doll, and Trey with Winnie the Pooh. Then we sat down and had story time. Their favorite story right now is The Little bug that went Ka-choo! We have to read it everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Then they spent time pretending to read to Winne the pooh. Now they are quietly coloring and playing cars. And it's only 10:00. So, I'm off to do a load of laundry, while they are occupied. Hope everyone else is having a great day out there in Bloggyland! Blessings from above!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Peggy at The Simple woman created this day book meme for her readers to enjoy an inside view of her thoughts and daily life at home. I found her through Dawn at By Sun and Candlelight. In keeping with striving to simplify my life and yet create a warm, inviting and peaceful atmosphere within my home, I thought this would be a great way to journal a snippet of my daily thoughts, feelings and ideas.~Blessings.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Muffins (blueberry,banana, and sweet potato) with Apple slices, half of a Banana, or Yogurt.
Scrambled Eggs with a slice of Toast or side of Sausage.
Cheese toast or a Cheese tortilla roll up with Orange slices.
Oatmeal with milk, sugar, and sometimes Cinnamon. Or a bowl of Cheerios.
Pancakes or French toast, with a side of Fruit or Yogurt.
So, does anyone have any new ideas or recipes I can try? I would really appreciate it. ~Blessings to all!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
I am supposed to open my photos, choose the 6th folder and then the 6th photo in that folder. Then I am to post the photo with a description about it and then tag 6 friends to do the same. Almost all of my photos are in files here in our computer.
This is one of the first pictures taken of Hugh and I. We were 18 years old and freshman in college at Delta State University. -Wow, we were just babies. This was taken at my sorority's Fall Fling. I love this picture, because it brings back such good memories of our courtship.
I am going to tag eight people. I know you're only supposed to tag 6, but I'm kinda weirded out by the whole 6-6-6 thing, so I'm picking 8.
M.C. at The Four Fabulous Fords
Mrs. Jules at Casa de Jules
Ray-Ray at The Crazy Carellis Chronicle
Demetria at The only Girl Here
Jen at A Good Cup Of Coffee
Suzanne at The Barnette Family
Jenny at The Winstead Family
Ashley at Happily Ever After of the Lancasters
I can't wait to see your pictures and read some hilarious story that goes along with it or learn a little more about you. This should be fun. ~Blessings!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Demetria and I thought it would be nice to cook a Christmas breakfast for everyone. I made a breakfast casserole and she made very yummy french toast. We sprinkled powdered sugar in the shapes of angels, stars, candy canes, and snowmen on the kid's.
Here is Kaden enjoying breakfast. He is definately a very happy "morning" person.
An angel for my sweet "Angel." She's still so sleepy here.
My Lil' Man chose a star.
Russ looks so sweet and innocent his eating breakfast.Kyle is enjoying his yummy french toast! Um-Um-Good! -Such precious babies!
The boys building a bridge, so they can play cars together.
Time for presents! Yeah!!!! Lots of toys, lots of fun.
Paw-Paw, Kevin, Chris and Heath took the kids riding. They had a blast! Then they decided to play in the leaves, roll down the hill, and gather pebbles in the dump truck. It was a sight to see.
Our last night all together. M.C. and me all teary! We couldn't help ourselves. I miss them all so much already.OK, enough with the water works. Let's Party! Time to celebrate and stay up late!
Merry Christmas everyone-and a Happy, Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing some memories with me!
Monday, January 5, 2009
I love this picture of Hugh and his mom. And the one below is of both of them and the babies all in scrubs. Ms. Donna got them for the kids as a little happy for Christmas. She wanted them to have a pair that match their daddy's scrubs, and as a nurse, she already had a matching pair. -So cute, aren't they?