Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Giving Thanks Challenge 2010 ~ #5 & 6

http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/2010/10/2010-giving-thanks-challenge.html



5. I am so thankful that Trey is attending a classical Christian school. Although it was hard to let go of my dream of home schooling for both my children, I'm glad I listened to my husband. Trey is learning so much. He is in a wonderful supportive atmosphere, and he loves everything about it. He loves his teacher. He loves his classmates and he loves learning. He comes home excited to tell what new things they did that day. The Lord took this situation and turned my disappointment into joy. I love that there are smaller classrooms, so the children get more individual attention. There are sixteen children in his class and he there is a teacher and an assistant. So, there are in essence eight students per adult. The school itself has a very intimate atmosphere and every single person I have encountered has been warm and friendly. It's very family oriented, and everyone really gets involved in some capacity or another. It also helps that I know he is getting a quality education. Each grade has tested three grade levels above their own (nationally not just state wide)every year they have been open. I know he is being challenged and that material is presented in such a way that it makes it exciting and interesting to learn. I couldn't ask for better. Best of all he is in a Christian atmosphere. The school is very serious about the spiritual education they offer. I have had the pleasure of seeing that first hand during our chapel services on Wednesday mornings.

6. I'm thankful that as part of the blessing of being a stay at home mom I get to attend the chapel service Trey's school offers every Wednesday morning. Parents and siblings are welcomed to attend with the students. I love going to church. I just really enjoy it. So, I feel like I'm getting an extra little bit of church thrown into my week. It just makes me feel good. It keeps me up. And it amazes me at what the children are learning. Each grade level takes turns opening the service on Wednesday mornings. They start with the pledge to the American flag, the pledge to the Christian flag and the pledge to the Bible. Then they recite a passage of scripture, a poem, and finish with a song before the speaker comes to share. Trey's pre-school class recited (Proverbs 3:5-6) Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths.
Then, they recited a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Singing

Of speckled eggs the birdie sings
And nests among the trees;
The sailor sings of ropes and things
In ships upon the seas.

The children sing in far Japan,
The children sing in Spain;
The organ with the organ man
Is singing in the rain.

Then, they sang a days of the week song and a little praise song The Lord's Army. I was so proud, and amazed. I can't wait to see what they share next. What are you thankful for today?

No comments: