Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Giving Thanks Challenge 2010 ~ #2

http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/2010/10/2010-giving-thanks-challenge.html



2. I am thankful for the gift of friendship, and it truly is a gift. God has been ever so gracious to me in this particular area of my life. I have friends old and new that are precious treasures. I attract a lot of different types of people. I know I've shared before that Hugh and I have a running joke that all my friends don't go together.

I think it's the creative side in me that desires something different, something unique that draws you in like a good piece of art. People are like that -good art. beautiful and complicated, ordinary yet astounding and even captivating at times. I'm glad I have friends that challenge me to get out of my safe little box and think beyond myself and own perspective at times. They help me stretch and grow alot. All of my friends bring this to my life to some degree even when we have so many things in common.

The friendships I treasure most are my close Christian friends. They just get it, or they just get me. Jesus is the tie that binds for all time, and there is such a comfort in that. There is a deep level of knowing that you just can't get to unless you are equally yoked in this area. I don't say this to diminish my other friendships, and I'm not even saying I love my Christian friends more, but I guess that is why I always try to share Jesus with all my friends. I want to share in that common bond. When you love someone you want to give them the best. Well, Jesus is my best. I have found that having Jesus is sharing something that time, distance and circumstances can not change.

I hope you all have friendships like that out there, deep abiding friendships that enrich your lives. If not, then ask the Lord for one and search one out like a hidden treasure waiting to be found. I truly believe with all my heart that if you love the Lord, and you are walking in close fellowship with Him, he will give you the desires of your heart if they will draw you closer to Him. ~Blessings!

No comments: