Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Read to me Wednesday



This is the children's book I'd like to feature this week. And The Good Brown Earth by Kathy Henderson. It's a beautiful story in which Gram is sharing her love of gardening with Joe. She takes him with her and teaches him about digging time, planting time, weeding time, watering time, and even thinking time, as the seasons change. Joe finds gardening takes a lot of patience, but once harvest time comes the vegetable garden yields all kinds of surprises.

We enjoyed this book, and it's a great find to add to your book basket for the Spring or Summer. We don't have a vegetable garden, but we do enjoy planting flowers. Trey and Anna Grace love to water the flowers every other day and help me fill the bird feeders. This book, I feel, fosters a love for nature and features the treasures handed down from one generation to the next. It's one of my new favorites. I hope you will enjoy it as well.

Thank you Sarah Denley for hosting our weekly children's book feature!

No comments: