Thursday, June 3, 2010

So Many Changes

I can't believe it's almost here. Moving is exciting and so stressful at the same time. We may be leaving a little earlier than planned. While I can't wait to see everyone and get settled into our new home, I am already having a hard time thinking about saying goodbye. There have been many tears already. I was just letting them come the other day as I packed and planned for our garage sale this weekend. I don't like crying in front of people, not because I think it shows weakness, but because once I get started I usually get the ugly cry going, and nobody wants to see that :)

I'm not good with change and letting go. Even as I put aside our bassinet, double stroller and piles of baby clothes to sell this weekend it makes me sad. I know we don't need them, but I can't help but be sentimental. I look around and all I can think is this is the house we brought our babies home to. This is the room that Trey and Anna Grace have shared together.


Their beds sit opposite one another and my rocking chair is in the middle and sits in front of the window on the back wall. We've used the closet for Anna Grace and the bureau and set of drawers have been for Trey. Through the years the pictures on the walls have changed and the toy box was replaced by a set of selves with buckets for toys. It has seen it's share of play time, reading and rocking. There have been lots of cuddles and prayers and goodnight kisses too. Such sweet memories.

I don't know how we're going to separate Trey and Anna Grace into their own rooms. They love being together. They don't want to go to bed with out each other, and if one sneaks into our room in the middle of the night the other will wake up and come looking for them. It started when I was pregnant with Anna Grace. They had such a special relationship even then. When I would rock Trey at night before bed, you could see Anna Grace move across my stomach and snuggle right up next to him. They are really like twins.

I can't wait to see what new memories they are going to make in our new home. Speaking of our new home I thought I'd share another sneak peak.
This is the celling of Anna Grace's room. The room is already pink, her favorite color, and above she will have a beautiful mural of sky blue with puffy white clouds.
Here is a room we will all be spending time in together, the kitchen. I am in love with this kitchen. It is so open and spacious. I can't wait to add my own personal touch to it. Hugh's favorite part is the large granite island. I love that I can see us here cooking together as a family and enjoying each other's company. I'll share more pictures later. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. ~Blessings!

1 comment:

Ingram Gang said...

Both homes are beautiful! What an exciting/sentimental time for your family.