Monday, May 31, 2010

Signs of Spring

I thought I'd share some of the beauty that is right outside our front door.
Some of my flower pots. I enjoy planting flowers. It is very calming to me, and I love to sit outside and enjoy them while I read and watch the kids play.
I found these planters at a little local place called Pat Catans, which is a lot like Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
Lily of the Valley adorns the side of our little house. It is so delicate and beautiful.
A cardinal I spotted outside our picture window one morning. We have a bird feeder in the tree he is perched in. It's nice to watch the robins, blue birds, cardinals and finches who visit our feeder in the morning.
For two years we have had a mother bird come to make her nest and lay her eggs on our front door. Hugh and I pick up the children everyday to check on the eggs and see if they've hatched. It was just as exciting for me as it was for Trey and Anna Grace.
Just hatched, and waiting for breakfast. Aren't they sweet?!
Growing stronger....ready to leave the nest.
Four sweet faces. -I'm going to miss our little house and all the memories we've made here. Thank you Lord for giving us such precious moments! Happy Spring!

No comments: