Thursday, December 20, 2007

Welcome to our Home for the Holidays!

I love the holidays! The lights, music, and sweet smells that fill the air put me in that warm fuzzy kinda mood. I thought I'd share a few pictures of how I've tried to make our home festive and inviting this Christmas!


These are our "outside" decorations! We also have a lightpost adorned with greenery and a sign that reads "Merry Christmas from Dixieland!"
I love the picture of Trey and Anna Grace with Santa! Aren't they precious! The frame is from Plain Jane Frames and was an early Christmas gift from Demetria. I'm going to change the picture of the kids every year!

Royal Hunt is our holiday china. I use it for Thanksgiving and Christams dinner. I have the Santa placemats out for everyday use.




Trey helped decorate trees for his and Anna Grace's room. We placed presents under the trees and set out a nativity, that we play with and use to talk about Jesus, God's gift to us.

Here are some of the books and videos we are enjoying this holiday season. "The King is Born!" is a wonderful animated video from Nest entertainment. Trey loves this story of "baby Jesus," and asks to watch it at least four times a day! The book, The Beloved Son was a gift from Hugh's mom. She received it as a gift when she was a child. I treasure this for my children and hope to hand it down to their children one day. I love family traditions! Luke 2:9-12

And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. (10) And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. (11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. (12) And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

Merry Christmas! Blessings to All.


7 comments:

dawn said...

Great to meet you. Hope to read more after christmas.

dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey sweetie!

this looks great!!! i love the "DIXIE" sign, too!! sure do miss yall!

by the way, hope the week gets better than it has been!

She Rose Up said...

Great pics, Tiffany! I really love your placemats & the santa w/kids photo & frame!


Trust you all are having a beautiful Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
Maria

Unknown said...

Tiffany,
It was great to talk with you on the phone today and catch up! Thank you so much for sharing this site with me. This is so you. I know I'll visit here often. I always remember with a smile our years in Kansas City. It wasn't by chance that we were placed us as neighbors. Many life changing events happened while living there for both of our families. You know I could go on and on here, I'll save some of it for later.
With Much Love,
Amy

Leah said...

How fun to see your Christmas decorations. Loved your nativity set, BTW! Hope and pray that you had lots of fun and made many memories this Christmas season.

Happy New Year!

~ Leah

Rachel Anne said...

Tiffany, It's great to meet you and I'm so glad to have you as a Company Girl!! You know, anyone with "Southern Sass" as a name will make an excellent friend. I'm honored.

Your home looks beautiful, I love the place settings--so festive!

Blessings for a wonderful new year!