Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tag!-You're It!

Well, I've been tagged, by a new bloggy land friend- Maria from freetofly. So, here are Seven Random Things about lil' ole me...

1. My favorite color is champagne. I think it kinda goes with everything, gold, silver, ect.. It can be soft and muted, or rich and shimmery. It's hard to pick just one favorite, because your color kinda depends on the mood your in. Some of my other favorites include; turquoise, cranberry, and emerald. I love jewel tones.

2. I love coffee and tea! I tend to gravitate towards medium or even mild coffee. I like Jamaican Blue Mountain, but I also like Celebes,(a strong, rich Indonesian coffee.) As far as running through a drive through, or grabbing something at the store, I love Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, or even Folgers (hey-I'm not too proud!) As far as tea goes, I wouldn't be southern without sweet tea flowing through my veins. When I first met my husband, we were drinking it with 2 cups of sugar per gallon (whooo!) Now that we've incorporated "weight watchers" into our life style, "splenda" is more our friend these days. My ultimate- favorite hot tea is White Peony Tea by Triple Leaf. I also like Good Earth, or flavored teas by Salada or Celestial Seasonings. And hot green tea is always good too. And what would this wonderful time of year be like without a good cup of Wassail!

3. My style and taste is classic/conservative and a little old fashioned. (Example:)I didn't hear mainstream music until I was about 11 years old. My parents got "saved" in the 80's so we listened to alot of Christian contemporary and praise music. Our house was 3 generational. My mom was 27 years older than me, and my dad was 22 years older than my mom. My dad influenced me with alot of big band music(Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey, ect.) and artist from the 30s and 40s (Sinatra, Crosby, Ella Friztgerald and all things jazz.) Momma loved early rock n roll. (The golden oldies- we call em.) She especially loved Motown music, and artists like Smokey Robinson.) She also introduced me to the mellow side of the 70's-(folk music, and song writers like the Carpenters.) They both loved country, and that's where Patsy Cline, early Elvis, and Johnny Cash come in.

4. I love all things cultural and domestic. I love art museums, musicals and Opera. I also love a good church picnic and going to arts and craft festivals. I love to cook/bake, entertain company, read, decorate for the holidays, photograph and scrapbook. I love, love, love to play with my kids and take them places.

5. I would love to know more about sewing, smocking and embroidery,- cooking catering, party planning and professional photography.

6. I love to have friends over for coffee and desert, or a good board game along with popcorn and a movie.

7. Movies! Love em! All kinds- Old ones (All About Eve/Mr. Smith Goes to Washington), Romantic comedy (Sweet Home Alabama/You've Got Mail/Thomas Crown Affair), Romantic drama (The Notebook/The Way We Were), Southern (Gone with the Wind/Fried Green Tomatoes/Steel Magnolias), Dark and suspenseful (Road to Perdition/Shawshank Redemption/Primal Fear), Night w/ the Guys (Tombstone/The Last Samurai), Musicals (The Happiest Millionaire/Chicago/ -too many to name), Old Disney (Old Yeller/Pollyanna), 80's night (Breakfast Club/Can't Buy Me Love? St. Elmos' Fire) -- OK, now I'm just making up my own categories to fit all my favorites in. I just need to stop!

Any way- now you know a little more about me. I would like to pass this tag on to Ashley, Brittani, Christy, Demetria, and Mary Clair. What's something new and random, we can learn about you!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I will be responding soon!

I love tags because you learn a lot about people!

We have ALOT in common :)

The Manning Family said...

We have so many movies in common. What a great list! So glad y'all had such a good Thaksgiving being back home!

She Rose Up said...

Hi, Tiffany! Love your colors! They sound rich and luxurious!

I am not a hot tea person, but I want to be...just have not been able to cultivte those taste buds! So with you on the coffee & iced tea thing though!

You are a person of many interests and abilities. Your husband is blessed indeed!

Great post!

Blessings to you!
Maria

Melissa said...

We have lots in common...everything except #1, actually.

Nice to "meet" you!