Monday, December 10, 2007

Memory Verse Monday


I want to say how much I have been uplifted and even inspired by some of the faithful christian women that I've come across here in "blogland." I love to read your heart warming and sometimes funny stories, your prayers and your words of encouragement for one another. It both challenges me ,and gives me hope to see other women truly seek the heart of God and strive for his calling on their lives. I think one of the most powerful things we can do is share scripture with one another. I want to thank Maria (free to fly) for inviting me to take part in Memory Verse Monday.

Holding on to all that He is, with all that we are!

Psalm 108:1-5
My heart is steadfast, O God;I will sing and make music with all my soul. Awake harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth.

Proverbs 3:3-6
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

This Sunday, our new associate pastor, (Rev. Tom Hilterman) shared with us his joy- his joy and excitement of all that this season is about. He shared how much this time of year reminds him of how much God loves him, how his name is written in the lambs book of life, how priceless the sacrifice he (God) made for us, and that it overwhelms him with joy! It really touched my heart. His words were so tender and sincere. Rev. Hilterman must be in his 70's and it was so nice to see rather than a quiet, reverent-although somewhat stoic demeanor that you come to expect from the older church generation, that he was alive and joyful!

It reminded me..let us be joyful, not just grateful, but joyful, overflowing with joy. Let it be down right contagious! You know what I want this Christmas! I want the joy of the Lord! I want His joy and love to be overflowing so much in my life, that someone will look at me and think, she really gets it! She's not just going through the motions, she really feels it and believes it. And she is celebrating it! That is the gift I want to give Jesus this Christmas! And I am going to fight against all the hustle and bustle of chaos around me, and I am going to fight the worldly part of me that wants to pout because I can't spend Christmas with my family, or buy everything I want for my children. And I am going to fight the sadness that tries to creep in and overwhelm me, because I miss my mom and dad so much. I am determined not to let the devil steal my joy! So, I am concentrating on preparing a joyful heart for the Lord this Christmas! Blessings to all!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Girl, I am right there with you.

You are so right and this was SUCH an encouragement when I read this!!!

She Rose Up said...

I sooo very much agree! Sorry I am late getting over here! That is a life desire - to be contagious! I love how you have phrased it here!


Thanks so much for putting this together, what a blessing!

Merry Christmas!

P.S. Congrats on your baby girl saying her 1st mama today! What a sweet gift!