Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veteran's Day


Melvin John Scott, Army Veteran of WWII and the Korean Conflict


His burial flag and army photo.


My Daddy!


Veteran's Day is set aside as a time when we reflect on and honor the heroism of those who have served and given their lives in the service of our great country. It is a time to share with them our gratitude for our freedom! So today,I am honoring the remembrance of my favorite veteran, my daddy. He was a proud American. He believed the Bible, in his family, and in the United States of America. He proudly displayed the flag outside our home every Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, and 4th of July! Last night, I was thinking back to when I was in college. My mom sent me a newspaper clipping of my dad attending a Veteran's Day ceremony. He stood among a hundred or so other veterans proudly with his hand on his heart. I still have that article, and will keep it to show my children years from now when they are old enough to understand who he was and what he did for this country. I hope that everyone who reads this today will stop to give thanks for these men and women (past and present.) Thank a veteran, if you know one. Pray for a soldier that is serving our country, and don't let this day pass without thanking God, with true gratitude in your heart, for the freedom with which we have blessed!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

tiff-

i LOVE this post. thank you for sharing a special memory of your dad:)

She Rose Up said...

Love your post! I did a tribute to the few people I have met on the net who are from military families... I am going to do a p.s. and add you!

Good to meet you!

I saw your comment at Leah's place & that you are new...I just started 18 Sept myself, so we are new together!

God bless!
Maria

Christy said...

I also love this post, it makes Veterans Day even more personal.

Christy said...

OH! And thank you for your encouragement today-you are 100% correct.

Christie Belle said...

Awesome tribute to your dad for Veteran's Day. My grandfather's flag is at my parent's house. It sounds like your dad was pretty wonderful.

Ashley said...

HEY TIFFANY!!!!
It's great to meet you! Good grief...how many stories have I heard about you, Hugh, Nic, and Shannon!! And just so you know, Kurt was still doing the beans, orange, and George Foreman routine when we dated :) He is precious...God gave me a wonderful gift. Thanks for taking such good care of him way back when. I am looking forward to meeting your family! Lots of love.