Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Unexpected Surprises!!!!

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth, I've just been in Mississippi, for a week! And it was FABULOUS! I love the holidays! It nearly broke my heart to come back to Ohio. But my friend Datha, made it all worth it! Let me tell ya'll- she and Mark were watching over our house and getting the mail for us right. - Well, their washing machine broke down, and she came over to wash clothes, (which is so alright with me because she's practically my sister- my house is her second home.) And she decides to surprise me by doing the rest of my laundry (that I didn't get to before I left.) It was folded neatly on the couch when I returned. She also striped the beds and washed all the sheets and made them back up again - and did a load of dishes for me. WOW - what a friend!-what a beautiful, blessed friend! She is such a doll. I mean we do nice things for each other, like surprise each other with coffee, or cook dinner for each other's families, but this was above and beyond. Don't get me wrong, I didn't leave my house a total wreck, but it was my first extended trip away with two small children. And she made coming home so much easier. Thank you Lord Jesus, for blessing me with such a sweet and considerate friend in Datha! The Thanksgiving holiday was wonderful, and I have so much to write about, but first, I must unpack and get my children settled back into their routine- so blog ya later all about it!

5 comments:

Christie Belle said...

What a sweet, sweet friend! She sounds like one in a million. Hold on to her! I wish my good friends lived closer...

Glad you had a good vacation...and homecoming;o)

Tyna said...

Sigh...aren't good friends wonderful?!?!

She Rose Up said...

That is so sweet! She is a treasure! But you know what else? YOU must be too! It takes being a good friend to have a good friend!

God bless!

Maria

Tyna said...

Tiffany - thanks for your input on baby names on my blog! I like the name Rebecca too, but...um...how does one say this? People normally tend to name their children after people they ADMIRE...are you following me? I love my sister, but...

And as far as Eunice...ugh. So far that name hasn't even made it to MaybeLand.

Mary Clair Ford said...

So, I was just wondering...do you think that Datha would be interested in moving to West Point, MS and being my friend/maid?
I don't have money to pay here BUT I am a really good friend...I just don't like to clean houses.

I love you guys so much and miss you tons. Give the kids lovies for me and you and Hugh give each other lovies for me too, K?