Thursday, November 8, 2007

Five Things I'm Grateful for!

Ok, so I was watching my DVD of Oprah's 20th anniversary collection, (It was a "happy" my husband gave to me last year.) for like the seventh, maybe eighth time. I do that you see, I can watch my favorite movies over and over again. It drives Hugh crazy. When he can start quoting lines from whatever I'm watching or listening to , he says it's time to put it away! Any way, Oprah talked about how she writes down 5 things everyday that she is grateful for, and that it has changed her life. So, here are my 5 things for the day!

1. I'm grateful for my new blog life! (hee-hee) No, but seriously, I'm glad my sister (we decided to drop the in-law thing), Demetria talked me into doing this. I really believe it's brought us closer together. We talk almost everyday, now, and I sooo look forward to it!

2. I'm grateful for a husband,who still holds my hand, especially when we pray in church. It makes me feel so close to him. And it makes me feel safe-(I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, but it does.) And ya know what, I still get butterflies when he reaches out to hold my hand, when we're riding in the car, or when we're watching a movie. It's a nice surprise!

3. I'm grateful for friends and acquaintances that have crossed my path, (actually- that the Lord has put directly into my life) that have blessed me in ways both small and large, even if they don't realize it. The Lord has used them to show me His love and His mercy and grace.

4. I'm grateful for the beauty in this world, be it art, music, nature or whatever that reminds me God's awesomeness, and make life more enjoyable.

5. I am grateful for my babies' kisses and hugs. They make everything so worth it, even on frustrating days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're such a sweetie-pie! I'm so glad that you've become one of my very closest friends! really and truly closer than that -- my sister!

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

Thank you for your precious comment on my blog. Your story is amazing and I am so thankful that God prompted you to share it with me. I'm praying that you will continue to be given freedom from fear and that He will constantly place words of encouragemnet along your path.

Welcome to Bloggyland! Please keep in touch.

Christie Belle said...

What a good exercise, and a wonderful list of things you are thankful for. I'm like you and can watch my favorite movies over and over and they NEVER get old. So, let me say...welcome to the blogging world, it really is a wonderful place! Thanks for stopping by and your sweet words and encouragement. I hope you can get off your meds very soon. I have asthma...it's no fun! Luckily I'm just on an inhaler and it's not too bad. Your babies are adorable and I loved the halloween pictures, y'all look so happy:) It was nice visiting your blog as well!

Christy said...

Hey!

Demetria told me all about you and then I found your comment through brittani's blog...I love your sister, she is a trip!

Anyway, I love your blog and I will be reading yours as well :)

She Rose Up said...

I can relate to your list! You are truly blessed to be able to share faith with your husband in this way...that is not such an easy thing for men.

And 3 cheers for discovering blogging! It has been such a blessing to me as well.

I hope we will get to be friends, too!

Blessings!
Maria

Mary Clair Ford said...

Hey Honey-
I love your blog spot. It is so wonderful to hear about the goings on in the lives of the Taylor Family.
Tiff-You are so awesome and I am so honored that you are my sister and my friend. I am so thankful that you are a part of our family and that God sent you to Hugh/us. You are a precious woman, you have so much to offer. I wish I were a sponge so I could soak up all your goodness and glory. I admire you for your walk with Jesus and I love you for all that you are.