Sunday, January 3, 2010


The New Year is off to a great start! I love the fresh start and clean slate that you feel at the beginning of every year. Or, at least I do. It's a new beginning full of endless possibilities. Even though we are covered in snow right now, there is something about the new year that makes me think of spring. Like a green sprout ready to bloom into something beautiful. It's very spiritual. I can't say that I ever get caught up in making resolutions, at least not the kind carved in stone that you feel you struggle to keep. There are always things I'd like to improve upon, try again or for the first time. But, I don't pressure myself to where I feel this huge let down within a couple of months. I try to keep it positive and realistic, but in an exciting optimistic way that doesn't crush the hopefulness I have in a fresh new start. Most importantly, I try to listen for that still small voice inside that tells me what God has for me this year. What is our new adventure, and challenge? How will He grow me?

I have been looking back over the last two and a half years of blogging just to see where I was and where and how I've grown. I'm thankful that I started doing this, as a way to record my thoughts and life. It's the first attempt at journaling or keeping a diary I've ever made. And it has been so rewarding.

This year is going to be huge. And I love that it's 2010. We're leaving an old decade and we're on the cusp of a brand new one. Off with the old and on with the new! I feel like the Lord always has a verse or a word of truth for me to live out every year. This year it is obedience.

Trust and Obey for there's no other way.....

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. John 15:10

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 1John 2:3

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 1John 3:22

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1John 5:2

You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5

For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him; Deuteronomy 11:22

Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves. Deuteronomy 11:23 -(I take this as a promise that I will bear witness of Him and bear fruit.)

"Therefore you shall keep every commandment which I command you today, that you may be strong, and go in and possess the land which you cross over to possess, Deuteronomy 11:8

and that you may prolong your days in the land which the LORD swore to give your fathers, to them and their descendants, 'a land flowing with milk and honey." Deuteronomy 11:9
-(I take this verse as a promise of abundant life and eternal life to come.)

A land for which the LORD your God cares; the eyes of the LORD your God are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the very end of the year. Deuteronomy 11:12

And it shall be that if you earnestly obey My commandments which I command you today, to love the LORD your God and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul Deuteronomy 11:13

Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. Psalms 112:1 (I want to get there in my walk, where obedience is delightful.)

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13

Do you ever open the Bible and He is speaking to you no matter where you turn. And it's the same message over and over. And there is no denying what He is trying to say to you. It is glorious! It absolutely gives me chills. I feel like we are having a conversation. I know some people feel like the Lord has never spoken to them. But, let me encourage you with the truth that God speaks to us everyday through His word. ~Blessings dear ones! Hope you're having a wonderful New Year.

No comments: