Friday, July 31, 2009

Husband of the Year!

DADDY IS HOME FROM WORK! -WHOO-HOOOO!
HEALTH UPDATE: I am at home and on the mend! Praise the Lord! I had six kidney stones in both of my kidneys, three of which were too large to pass. Well, one of those bigger ones decided to try and come on down the tubes anyway, and got stuck. So, I had surgery for that last Thursday. At that time they put a stint in, because, the doctor said that the stone had done some damage on the way down, and with the abrasion and swelling, if they hadn't the tube would have swollen shut. But, my body rejected the stint and started attacking it, and even though I was already on antibiotics, I came down with a horrible infection in my bladder and UT area. So, they went in on Tuesday and took it out. I had to stay in the hospital for a couple days on IV antibiotics, but now I'm resting nicely at home on medication. It was a very painful experience, but, one that made me appreciate my sweet husband even more. Not only was he attentive, but, he dropped everything to be with me through out the tests and surgeries. In fact, he is the one who diagnosed me. When I first went to the E.R. two Tuesdays ago, they said it was ovarian cysts that were giving me the pain. The CAT scan came back "unremarkable," which means nothing is wrong. Hugh took one look at my scans and marched down there and pointed out how enlarged my right kidney was and showed the radiologist the stone that was lodged. He was furious and told him, he needed to pay closer attention to what he was doing. Now, I have always, always believed in my husband's abilities, and knew he would make a great doctor. He has a wonderful bedside manner that is both warm, calming and soothing. But, now I know first hand just how good he is at his job, and how much he has his patients best interest to heart. He isn't just a good doctor, he is fabulous! Yes, I said it fabulous! And before anyone says, "Well, of course he took extra special care of you, your his wife." Let me assure you that during my stay in the hospital, not a day went by that I didn't have nurses and other doctors take the time to tell me how much they enjoy working with him, what a wonderful doctor he is. I am so lucky in so many ways. And I am so proud to be his wife!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my Tiffany, I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through all this and especially that they didn't find the cause until your own husband/doctor did. Glad you are on the mend.
Susan

Anonymous said...

so, so sweet of you to post this tribute to him. glad you are better. love you bunches!!!

Ashley said...

We are glad to hear you're doing better! That must have been so frustrating and kind of scary at times. God did bless you with a sweet husband (and a good friend for MY husband!)!

Denise said...

I praise God that you are doing better sweetie. What a precious blessing your husband is.

Christy said...

Okay, the description of what happened makes me want to curl up in the fetal position. I am SO sorry you had to go through that pain!!
What a blessing that you have your sweet husband :) I am so glad that you are home resting and on the mend.

Rachél said...

Goodness, girl! I'm so glad to hear that not only are you feeling better, but that the true cause of all you pain was discovered. Thank heaven Hugh's a doctor!

I pray that your recovery continues swiftly and smoothly!