Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

" Your mother was like a vine in your vineyard planted by the water; it was fruitful and full of branches because of abundant water." Ezekiel 19:10.

Happy Mother's Day! On this special day, I want to share with you four very special women in my life. Each of them have mothered me and taught me how to be a loving mother to my own two beautiful children. I am truly blessed to have these women in my life. I hope they know how dear to me they are and that I am celebrating this day in honor of them.

My beautiful mom! She was so loving and nurturing. She was soft spoken and kind. I don't think she ever once raised her voice to me. All she needed was a raised eyebrow to keep me in line. She had a true servant's heart. She always put others first, and I learned the joy of giving from her. The greatest gift she and my father ever gave me was to raise me in the love of the Lord. They lived out an example of a life seeking Him. They prayed together and had devotion every morning over breakfast. They didn't just teach me about the Lord, they helped me to know Him and love Him. Our faith is the most beautiful part of our family's legacy that I have to pass down to my own children. I'm so thankful for my mother, who was a beautiful lady, inside and out. I cherish her memory on this day, since she has gone home to be with our Lord. And I miss her so very, very much! No one could ever take her place in my heart. -There's just no one like your momma! She's a gift to you as much as you are to her.

This is my momma Donna, my mother in love, and her beautiful mother, whom I lovingly refer to as Granny. I'm happy to say that Donna is my friend, as well as, my mother in law. From day one, she has welcomed me into her heart and her family with open arms. We had an instant connection. She is one of the most thoughtful women I've ever known. We share a love for hospitality, a simple classic style, and all things southern. She is also one of the best cooks I've ever met. Like any good southern belle, she knows how to pamper and spoil you, make you feel right at home, and love on ya with her good home cooking. She is fiercely protective of her loved ones, and has a deep rich faith. I am married to a wonderful Christian man who is a product of her raising and her faith.

This is my mother in law/love, Nancy. She has been Hugh's step mom since he was about six. She is an unbelievable woman, I have grown to love more and more through the years. She is graceful and sophisticated, and has a quiet charm about her. I notice a contentment and peacefulness around her and within her home. And she adores her husband. Her love is real and evident in how she severs her family. And it has not gone un-noticed. I love to talk with her about teaching, children and family, our love for books and recipes.

This is my aunt Cathy. She is one of my oldest and dearest friends. Even as a little girl, we had a very special connection. I've always gone to her for advice. She has always been there whenever I needed her. When momma died, she immediately jumped on a plane and came. She knew I needed her before I even had to ask. She helped me get through and to make the decisions I had to make at that very hard time. And she stayed with me through Trey's delivery, just as momma wanted to. She has since stepped in to be the grandma on my side. She is the strongest tie I have to my family and our family's history, now that my parents have passed. I guess that's why I feel at home in her presence. She is the most understanding and compassionate woman I've ever known. And she is also very loving and giving.

I have a rich an abundant legacy to pass down to my children, because of the fruitful women in my immediate and extended family. I am blessed and I hope to pass down these beautiful traits in my own mothering. I hope my children, their spouses, and their children will treasure me in their hearts the way I treasure each of these ladies.

6 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Tiffany,
This is a beautiful post. All of the special ladies in your life are so blessed too! Have a Happy Mother's Day!
xo~Tracie

Rachél said...

Happy Mother's Day!! I hope it was terrific!

Susan said...

What wonderful tributes to all these wonderful woman who have played a part in your life. I know they are all blessed by you.
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Susan

Denise said...

Such sweet tributes. I hope you enjoyed your Mothers Day.

luvmy4sons said...

Lovely tribute to those special women. Hope you had a great Mother's Day yourself!

Anonymous said...

so precious and moving, lovie! you are such a wonderful mother ourself, too! i love and miss you!