Monday, May 25, 2009

Family Vacation

Well, my friends I will be out of town for the rest of the week. We are taking a little vacation to Denver, Colorado to visit family. It's my grandma's 75th birthday this next weekend, and I haven't seen her since my mom's funeral 3 years ago. This will be her first time to meet my little ones. I'm so excited. Some of my family have been out here to visit us, but, it will be the first time I've seen most of them since the funeral.

They already have a week of fun activities planned out for us and the kids. I also hope to get to visit my dad's grave while I'm there. I hope that doesn't sound dark and morbid. I'm just looking forward to a peaceful visit, and a little healing time. And the flags should all still be out since today is Memorial Day. My dad is buried at a military cemetery, so they don't allow flowers and decorations, but, they will put out flags for specials days like today.

And if it works out, I'm going to meet up with my bloggy friend Jana at Mustard Seeds. That would be so cool if it worked out. I'm looking forward to seeing the mountains again too. The kids have never seen mountains, so this will be quite a change of scenery for them.

I'm asking you all to pray for mercy journeys for us. We are driving out there, and it would mean a lot to me to know I have family and friends praying for our safety and a good trip. Thanks! I Love You all and will miss visiting with you. See you soon! ~Blessings!

1 comment:

Denise said...

You have my prayers sweetie, enjoy your trip.