Friday, November 14, 2008

Six Degrees of ...

You remember that trivia game popular back in the 90's, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon? Well, I had one of those really weird It's a Small World After All moments this last week. I have a really great friend, Heidi, here in Ohio. We are in Bible study together, our kids are in play group together, her father-in-law is the pastor of my church. We're connected, to say the least.

Well, She knows how much I love to blog, and she was telling me about a friend of hers, in Mississippi, Jenny, who has a blog that she wanted me to check out. She also knows I'm from Mississippi, and I still have lots of friends and family there. Imagine my surprise, when I click on to visit her friend's blog and find that she is good friends with my sister, Demetria. Not only that, we have several other friends in common. She attends the same church that we used to attend when we lived there. She is also in Sunday school with my sister, as well as, Suzanne and her husband Tommy (whom, were we were once in Sunday school with,) and Ashley and Kurt. Kurt is a dear friend of ours from our med school days in KC, MO. He and Hugh are also distantly related through Hugh and Demetria's step-dad, Neal, by marriage. And Kurt married Ashley, who is the daughter of the man who was our very first pastor, as a married couple. Ashley and I have never met in person, but I feel like we know one another, after corresponding over the past year. I also have another bloggy friend, Christy, who was a member of the same church, up until recently this year, when her family relocated to an area in northern Mississippi, where Kurt is originally from and where we still have family.

Have I confused everyone completely? ~But, I mean WOW! Is that not weird. She's my sister's, cousin's and friend's -friend three states removed. Now that's southern, y'all! (hee-hee!) No really, it is bizarre to think how we're all connected in one gigantic circle. Anyway, I had to share! Hope all is well out and about in Bloggy land. ~Blessings!

11 comments:

Susan said...

I love things like that. I followed a new blog recently to find out it was my dentist's wife!!!
Susan

luvmy4sons said...

They say we are all no more than 5 people away from every sinlge other person in the world! Too cool!

Rachél said...

Life is just so crazy and cool sometimes! That's really neat!

Ashley said...

Haha we are all so connected!

jenny winstead said...

it's the coolest thing EVER!!!!!

Christy said...

WOW I of course knew that you are Demetria's SIL but I had no idea that you knew everyone else!!! Or that you went to CHBC! How cool!

She Rose Up said...

:) How sweet is that? That is a testimony to having roots and lots of nutured relationships over the years. A life well lived!

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

love,
Maria

Jess said...

Hi Tiffany,

Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving. Take good care.

Mrs. Jules

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

It's a Small World after all, it's a Small World after all!

Came by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and couldn't resist. I bet whatever you're having for dessert is way better than what we're having you Southern Girl! Enjoy!
xo~Tracie

Ashley said...

Hey, when are you guys going to be in town again?

Ashley said...

We will be gone the 18-26. Kurt will come home for a few days for work, but I'll be out of town that whole time. Up until then, it looks like we're pretty flexible. I'll have to double check his call schedule. Since you guys are the one with the agenda, just let me know some possible dates and we'll meet up!