Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

I am re-posting a post from last year's Veteran's Day celebration. Today is very dear to my heart for many reasons. I'm proud and grateful to be an American. I love this country and the principles on which it was built. I still believe in them, wholeheartedly. FREEDOM, EQUALITY, LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. But most of all, this day reminds me of my daddy. I love him, and I miss him. Today is a great day I set aside to honor his memory.


Melvin John Scott, Army Veteran of WWII and the Korean Conflict


His burial flag and army photo.


My Daddy!


Veteran's Day is set aside as a time when we reflect on and honor the heroism of those who have served and given their lives in the service of our great country. It is a time to share with them our gratitude for our freedom! So today,I am honoring the remembrance of my favorite veteran, my daddy. He was a proud American. He believed the Bible, in his family, and in the United States of America. He proudly displayed the flag outside our home every Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, and 4th of July! Last night, I was thinking back to when I was in college. My mom sent me a newspaper clipping of my dad attending a Veteran's Day ceremony. He stood among a hundred or so other veterans proudly with his hand on his heart. I still have that article, and will keep it to show my children years from now when they are old enough to understand who he was and what he did for this country. I hope that everyone who reads this today will stop to give thanks for these men and women (past and present.) Thank a veteran, if you know one. Pray for a soldier that is serving our country, and don't let this day pass without thanking God, with true gratitude in your heart, for the freedom with which we have blessed!

3 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Beautiful post. Amen.

Kimberly said...

What a beautiful tribute to veterans and to your daddy!

Blessings, sweet friend! And God bless America!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

My first time over...what a beautiful blog you have here.

I LOVED your post about your dad.

My dad is a veteran of the USMC. I am proud of him too!