Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Baby Dedication Day~August 10,2008

Photobucket

Sovereign Lord,
We pray and ask for wisdom and discernment in raising these two precious children that You have entrusted within our care. I graciously thank you from the bottom of my heart, for thinking so highly of Hugh and I that You have chosen us to be Trey and Anna Grace's parents. Make us worthy, Oh Lord, of this gift. Help us to be the parents, You would have us to be. May we raise them in the light of your presence. May they grow to know You, to love and trust You, and to seek You always and desire You with their whole hearts. I pray dear Lord, that we can teach them about your boundless love for them, and that one day they will be able to fully understand the sacrifice you endured because of that love. I pray that someday they will each entrust theirs lives to You, and accept your beautiful gift of salvation.

Heavenly Father~ help Hugh to lead and guide us, as the spiritual head of this family you have blessed him to be. Help me, oh Lord, to always honor and reverence his role within our family and teach our children to honor and trust in his guidance, as well. Help me to be a comfort, encourager, and help to Hugh always and help me to have a gentle and quiet spirit and a tender heart as I serve You and minister to the needs of this family. I ask for grace to mark our actions, so that we might model for Trey and Anna Grace and the world, what a Christian family ought to be in honor of You, Lord Jesus.

Thank you Jesus, for your love, your kindness, your mercy and your grace. We love You and humbly bow before your throne. May we always hide your word in our hearts that we might not sin against thee. May there always be a prayer and praise on our lips for You, and may ours hearts and hands stretch heaven-ward in praise and honor of You. We are forever yours.

~Amen


Deuteronomy 6:4-7
Listen, Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You must love the Lord your God with your whole mind, your whole being, and all your strength.
These words I am commanding you today must be kept in mind, and you must teach them to your children and speak of them as you sit in your house, as you walk along the road, as you lie down, and as you get up.


Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way that he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.


Psalm 127:3
Yes, sons are a gift from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb is a reward.

12 comments:

Denise said...

My love and prayers are with your precious family. May God greatly bless you. Such a lovely picture.

Kimberly said...

A beautiful family and a beautiful prayer! :)

Ingram Gang said...

What a beautiful family!!!

Marsha said...

How precious! You all are a sweet family. By the grace of God, I know you all will weather the storms of life and train up these precious fledglings to eventually fly from the nest. I always say, there are two things you give your children, one is roots, the other is wings.

Have a blessed weekend.

luvmy4sons said...

Amen. After my accident recently all I could think was I was so glad that I home school my children and had all that time with them to train them up...a beautiful family.

Denise said...

Please come by my blog, I have an award for you.

Ashley said...

This will sound really unspiritual (haha) but what lipstick are you wearing in the picture? I really like it!! :o)

That said, I love this prayer and picture :o)

Susan said...

May God bless the four of you richly.
Susan

Amy said...

You have a lovely family. I clicked over from Kimberly's blog. I am a southern girl myself. I loved your bio. Blessings.

Marsha said...

Hey girl! Come over and see what you won!

Susan said...

I just passed an award on to you. Please drop by and pick it up.
Susan

sharon brobst said...

Hey Tiffany - I've left you something on my blog!