Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Little Christmas Cheer

Well, we have spent the last week or so under the weather here at home. We seem to be passing around a little stomach virus, but thank the good Lord it has all but left us, and we're on the mend.

We're just getting around to decorating and putting up our Christmas tree. Some how we lost a whole box of ornaments, decorations, stockings and stocking holders in our move home to Mississippi five months ago. At first I was completely panicked, and then a little sad. Our stockings were ones I've had since I was a little girl. My mom and dad passed them to us after we got married. They're weren't anything fancy, but, they had great sentimental value. Somehow, this seems to be some kind or reoccurring theme in my life. If you have been reading my blog for a while you may remember this post I wrote back in 2008. I am still clinging to His promises and His peace. It's OK to let go of all the "stuff" in our lives material or emotional. It's OK to treasure the memories, but, to let go. I've also learned that it's OK to be hurt and disappointed, but, to learn what you can take away from the experience without becoming jaded and bitter. Circumstances do not define our lives or who we are. What defines who we are and how we react to all life experiences is the simple fact of "Are we doing it with Him (Jesus) or without Him?" If I choose Him nothing can rob me of the joy and peace that is only found in our Lord and saviour. So, we move forward and build new memories and look back on the good times with a smile on our face and joy in our hearts.

I am looking for stockings and a few other things to add to what we have this year and I'll add a little more next year. It's been nice to see other blogs displaying their Christmas cheer and decorations already. It inspires you to get in the spirit of the season and start getting your things out and together. Our house is filled with music and I have all my candles lit, and a few presents already wrapped. We even felt good enough to go to the Christmas parade here in town last night with friends. I'm looking forward to sharing our home and decorations soon. We have alot of company coming for the holidays, so I have got to get with the program :)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. ~Blessings!

No comments: