Thursday, September 10, 2009

In the South...

All this getting ready for the Gone With The Wind Ball has gotten me thinking about why I love the movie and now book. And just what I love a bout the south in general. I think I could have a whole blog dedicated to the things I love about the South. It's Home. I guess I kinda feel like Dorthy from the Wizard of OZ in that way...."There's no place like home...."
It's a hard feeling to describe, but it's where all my best memories stem from. I miss it something terrible. And I look forward to coming home, and raising my family there, among my family and friends. I miss the kinship and closeness of my family and friends. And while many people I've met here up north don't understand it or feel it's somewhat intrusive, I find it comforting. Again, it's hard to describe. But, on a lighter note, I've found some very cute videos on utube that make me smile thinking about the south I grew up in. They're kinda sassy and sweet:) So enjoy y'all!

Crazy People in the South....



Loyalty is Everything!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

luv it, LUV IT!!!! i wanna BE susan sugarbaker!!!!

Anonymous said...

luv it, LUV IT!!!! i wanna BE susan sugarbaker!!!!

Anonymous said...

see. . . luved it so much i commented twice. . . (heehee). . . okay, so it was an accident.

Pearl said...

Terrific post ... thanks for the smiles! I also enjoyed your tribute post to Gone with the Wind ... like so many, I've always enjoyed that movie, too ... Though I no longer live in the South, it is where I was born and where so many fond memories were made ...

I hope you and your lovely family are all doing well, and enjoying these final days of Summer ...
~hugs~
Pearl