Monday, October 22, 2007

The Core of My Identity Lies in This, That I Am a Christian.

Ok, the important stuff first! As I debut my thoughts into the "Blog World," I feel compelled to share with anyone who might happen upon my blog spot, that I am a christian, and proud of it!

Yes, I am a sassy, southern girl by nature, but my heart belongs to Jesus. And I try to listen more to the whispers of my heart than my inherent nature. When I think about how I want the world to see me, I think about my favorite poem. I posted it at work several months ago, and it gave me a chance to plant a seed with some of my co-workers.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'." I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven." When I say... "I am a Christian" I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak And need His strength to carry on. When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed And need God to clean my mess. When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect, My flaws are far too visible But, God believes I am worth it. When I say... "I am a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches So I call upon His name. When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

2 comments:

She Rose Up said...

Love this! " I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven."

The whole thing is great!

God bless, Tiff!
Maria

Marsha said...

Hey Tiffany! Do you know the date on this is OCTOBER 22nd?! Does that change your blogoversary celebration?