Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Celebration

After searching and praying for 9 months now, we finally have a church home. We have been visiting churches in two towns close to us, and praying for the Lord to show us where He wants us to serve. I have been so anxious to put down roots and have a church family again. We joined a church yesterday, on Palm Sunday. The children led most of the service in praise and worship, waving palm branches as they came in singing. It was beautiful.

This last Sunday, after church and lunch, as I was doing dishes and trying to tidy up around the house, my son came to me and said, " Momma, I want to tell Jesus I love him. I want to tell him I love him and thank him for dying on the cross for us." I stopped and sat down with him to pray. Listening to him pray, I was filled with so many emotions. I was so happy for him. I was so proud of him, and yet I was heart broken at the same time. As Easter draws near and I think about what this time of year means, for us as Christians. It is so bittersweet. I'm thankful and filled with sorrow all at the same time. It's hard to look at the pain He endured. It's even harder to face the sin in your life that put Him there. I'm moved beyond words at how much He loved us. We are no longer captives to sin and death, but, set free through the death and ressurrection of Jesus Christ. It is the most beautiful thing to see your children come to understand and fall in love with Jesus. I pray that he falls in love with Him more and more everyday. I pray that he will allow Him to become not only his savior, but, his Lord. I'm so thankful that the Lord allowed me to share this moment with my son. What a special blessing for this Easter season.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Soooo happy to read this and know the Lord has lead you to your new Body of Christ that HE wants you to be the perfect body part for. Next to our personal families nothing takes the place of a good, strong Church family. God surely confirmed that with the wonderful experience with your sweet son!!!

Demetria Raper said...

precious, absolutely precious about Trey. . . .He has such a kind and tender heart and God will use that for something beautiful i know. i'm soooo glad yall have found your church home :O)